You’ve Filed a Worker’s Compensation Claim but What Happens If Your Doctor doesn’t provide the Care You Need?

If you’re injured at work, the whole process of finding a new doctor can be a little more difficult. If you feel your medical problem is not being handled correctly with your regular physician, you can simply find a new doctor who accepts your insurance – the same can’t be said for your worker’s compensation doctor.

Issues surrounding a worker’s compensation doctor are commonly due to you, the patient, not knowing the facts or laws you need to know, which can leave you feeling physical and psychological pain for years.

Colorado’s Workers’ Compensation laws state that all employees are entitled to proper medical care to fully treat on-the-job injuries —at no charge. Therefore, if you feel that your employer’s workers’ comp doctor is not handling your case properly, you still have options to change your doctor.

You could run into problems if your worker’s comp doctor feels that you’ve reached maximum medical improvement (MMI) and you’re still feeling the ill effects of your injury. For more information on what happens if your employer’s doctor determines you’ve reached MMI and what you can do if you disagree, please read more about it in our knowledge center article, “What if My Workers’ Compensation Doctor is not Providing the Proper Care”.

If you’ve been injured on the job and you feel your worker’s compensation doctor has not provided you with a proper level of care, feel free to contact Colorado workers’ compensation lawyer R. Mack Babcock and associates at The Babcock Firm. We can provide you with a free, no-risk consultation about your case. In addition, you can browse our blog and knowledge center to find more information about other aspects of our practice area.

Related Post

Categories: Workers' Compensation
Tags: Colorado job injuryColorado workers' compensation lawson the job injuryworkers' comp benefits
Admin :