As a Denver injury attorney, it’s heart-wrenching to see the devastation that car accidents can cause. Most recently, headlines of Loveland’s Philip Chavez have made the news as he mourns the loss of his two children in a recent car crash and deals with inaccurate media reports.
No one ever expects to be in a car accident, but it does pay to know what to do if you should ever be involved in a crash. We’ve just published a guide to provide some pointers for Dealing with Your Insurance Company after a Car Accident, a very important issue that can be difficult to attend to in the midst of the tragedy of a car accident.
Communications with your insurance company are critical following your car accident. Here are a few pointers you’ll find discussed in more detail in the guide:
- Call your insurance company as soon as you can.
- Make sure you understand your coverage before calling.
- If you are not sure of your coverage, request the agent not to record your call.
- Don’t withhold information in your statement to your insurer.
- Take notes on your conversation.
In addition, the guide offers advice on documenting the accident and injuries, other places to look for possible additional insurance coverage, keeping track of expenses related to your car accident, and settling your insurance claim.
Read the guide to Dealing with Your Insurance Company after a Car Accident