Denver Personal Injury Attorney
Need expert representation? Talk to experienced Colorado personal injury lawyers who fight for the rights of people just like you.
Serving Denver Metro area and beyond.
When you’re up against a corporation or insurance company with a workers’ compensation claim, insurance dispute or personal injury matter, you can be confident in the Colorado injury lawyer representing you at the Babcock Law Firm.
Mack Babcock is well versed in the tactics big companies use to try to prevent you from receiving the settlement or benefits you deserve. He and his skilled legal team are fully committed to helping people just like you fight and win cases.
The most difficult decision you’ll face in any legal matter is whether to accept a settlement offered by the other side or proceed to a hearing or trial. Our role as your injury attorney is to advise you of the chances of obtaining a better outcome through a hearing or trial than what is being offered in settlement, so you can make an informed decision of how to proceed. The decision is yours.
We find that more than 90% of our clients opt for the settlement option. We believe this is due in large part to being able to obtain good settlements for our clients but is also due in part to the risks and costs associated with litigation.
Areas of Legal Expertise
Please select the category closest to your situation to find out more about how we can help. Read more about How Representation Works and then contact us to let us know more details of your specific case.
- How to File a Work Injury Claim
- Can I be Denied Colorado Workers’ Compensation from Smoking Legal Marijuana?
- Workers’ Compensation Case Timeline
- What to Do After a Car Accident
- What if I’m in a Car Accident with an Uninsured Motorist in Colorado?
- Colorado Car Accident Cases and Statute of Limitations
- Driver vs. Company Liability in a Commercial Trucking Accident
- Recovering Damages from a Truck Accident
- 7 Common Causes of Trucking Accidents
- 10 Steps Following a Motorcycle Wreck
- Understanding the Difference between a Motorcycle Accident and Car Collision
- Common Motorcycle Accident Injuries
- Can a Bar be Held Liable for a DUI Accident?
- 5 Critical Steps to Take Following a Drunk Driving Accident
- Recognizing and Recovering Damages From DUI Accidents
- Bike vs. Car: Who Has the Right of Way?
- Bike Accidents: What to Do Following a Crash
- Who is at Fault in a Pedestrian Accident?
- How to Successfully Counteroffer with an Insurance Company
- How Your Insurance Company Inspects Your Auto Accident Claim
“Stephanie was my attorney and she was very pleasant to work with. She made sure to explain what I should be expecting throughout the process and I always understood what was going on with my case. She made sure that I got the treatment I needed, which was my ultimate goal. While I sincerely hope I never need her services again, if I do, I would go back to the Babcock Law Firm. Thanks for everything Stephanie and Jan!”
What is Personal Injury Law?
In the state of Colorado, personal injury law covers any civil case in which someone’s negligence or unsafe actions cause injury or death. Most personal injury cases must be filed within two years of the incident. The statute of limitations for auto accident cases is three years.
A personal injury lawyer is an attorney who you appoint to legally represent you in matters involving an injury – physical, psychological or financially – as the result of negligence committed by another person, company, government entity or other third-party.
In a Colorado personal injury lawsuit, you may be able to recover compensation for two different types of damages:
- Economic damages (medical bills, lost wages, lost future earnings, etc.)
- Non-economic damages (pain and suffering, loss of enjoyment, emotional distress, etc.)
For more information about filing a personal injury lawsuit in Colorado, browse our free online resources.
Considerations When Hiring a Personal Injury Lawyer
Colorado’s top workers’ comp, auto accident and personal injury attorney recommends what factors you should consider before hiring an attorney to represent you
Accidents happen every single day. Some people may become slightly injured, while others suffer from the impact of a serious accident for the rest of their lives. Should such an unfortunate event happen to you or a loved one, you may find yourself in need of a professional and experienced personal injury attorney.
When you need select a lawyer to represent you, the task is not as easy as finding a plumber or repairman. There are many issues to consider and questions to ask before deciding upon the individual who could ultimately help you get the proper compensation that you deserve.
The 5 R’s of Hiring an Attorney
First and foremost, you should look for an attorney who specializes in your case type. If you are seeking an attorney in Colorado for instance, consider personal injury attorney R. Mack Babcock who represents people in Denver, Boulder, Aurora, Broomfield, Louisville, Lafayette, Golden, Thornton, Westminster and a throughout Colorado.
Other consideration to keep in mind when choosing legal representation include:
- Referrals. Speak with friends and family members to see which attorney they used and how happy they were with the results.
- Reputation. Does the attorney you are considering have a positive reputation in your community? Ask to view client testimonials. If an attorney does not seem interested in sharing testimonials, it may be a red flag. Also check legal directories like Nolo to look at a profile and description for each law firm that you may be considering.
- Recognition. Does the attorney you are considering have any articles written about him or her to show their accomplishments or reputation? For example, Mack Babcock was recognized nationally by the Workers’ Injury Law and Advocacy Group as one of the top workers’ compensation attorneys in the country. Also, Denver’s local magazine, 5280, recognized The Babcock Law Firm as one of the best practices in Denver.
- Rate. Ask what their fee schedule is like. Do they offer a free consultation? Do they make you pay even when they don’t win the case? Try to get as much financial details upfront as possible.
- Resources. Some personal injury cases take a lot of money to research, litigate and win. Make sure your attorney has the funds to handle a serious, complicated and expensive personal injury case.
Suffering a serious injury or unexpected death of a family member is a tragic situation that can be very difficult to face. With an experienced personal injury attorney, you don’t have to face the legal hurdles alone. If you live in Denver or elsewhere in Colorado, contact The Babcock Law Firm for a no-cost, no obligation case screening and free consultation.
Continue reading these related articles for more information…
- 3 Reasons to Hire a Personal Injury Attorney
- Resolve Colorado Personal Injury and Workers’ Compensation Disputes Out of Court
- Help Your Lawyer Help You
While the Babcock Law Firm tirelessly works to obtain successful outcomes for its clients, prior positive outcomes are no guarantee of future success. Indicating prior positive results is in no way intended to guarantee future results.
Top Articles From Our Legal Library
- The 3 Different Types of Tort Law
- Injury, Drug Testing and Your Workers’ Comp Benefits
- CO Car Insurance Guide: Everything You Need to Know
- 3 Ways you can Prove Fault in a Car Accident
- What if My Workers’ Compensation Doctor is not Providing the Proper Care?
Top Posts From Our Blog
- Differences in Workers’ Compensation Law
- Wall Street Journal Interviews Mack Babcock About COVID-19 Workers’ Comp Claims Denials
- Mack Babcock Featured by The New York Times on JBS Meat Packing Covid-19 Death Case
- COVID-19 is Changing Workers’ Compensation Laws, Says Mack Babcock to NBC News
- Why Are COVID-19 Workers’ Comp Claims Denied More than Other Injuries?